Achieving Reunification Center Services
To make a referral or learn more about Prevention Services call 215-683-4000
Computer skills are essential in today's technology-driven workplace. The Achieving Reunification Center provides parents with access to state-of-the-art computers, on-site computer instruction and the Internet Resource Center.
- Classes in basic computer operation, keyboarding and Microsoft Office software prepare parents for the workplace.
- Open lab sessions in the Internet Resource Center offer parents the opportunity to learn how to use e-mail and how to conduct an internet search. ARC parents can use the Internet Resource Center to connect to peers via the Internet and to strengthen their computer skills at their own pace.
- Use of computers for job searches, resume preparation and completing on-line applications.
On-site employment services to help parents prepare for and connect to part-time and full-time employment.
- Support with education, training, employment assistance and assessments
- Instructions on how to conduct a job search, prepare a resume, complete an employment application and interview successfully.
- Workshops and individual counseling regarding how to be a successful employee, how to balance a job with a personal life, how to build relationships with supervisors and coworkers, and other "workplace survival skills."
- Assistance with arranging interviews, transportation and acquiring appropriate workplace clothing to help portray a professional image.
- Linkages to job training and employment opportunities.
Counseling, Parent Support and Education
The Achieving Reunification Center offers a full range of services to help parents/caregivers create a nurturing home environment.
- Psycho-educational/support groups.
- Life skills workshops.
- Parenting Education.
- Parent-child family sessions.
- Parent support groups.
- Individual counseling.
- Brief assessments.
- Specialized on-site visitation support using filial play therapy.
- Play therapy workshops.
Housing and Financial Counseling
Parents have a critical need for safe, stable, affordable housing. The Achieving Reunification Center provides educational and housing services to ensure that parents/caregivers have access to safe, decent, accessible, and affordable housing. Services include:
- Housing Counseling/Workshops
- Housing Inspections
- Eviction Defense Counseling
- Housing Identification
- Preparation of Housing Applications
- Instruction on reading leases and contracts
- Advocacy regarding tenants' right and responsibilities
- Assistance in securing housing, including assistance with Section 8 and subsidized housing applications.
- Access to information and application assistance with public benefits, Earned Income Tax Credit, other tax credits, childcare assistance, credit counseling, and other financial planning and reunification issues related to finance.
Fathers play a critical role in the development and growth of their children and families. ARC offers fathers an opportunity to strengthen their parenting skills to promote self-sufficiency and to maintain sustained relationships.
- Specialized life skills training designed for men
- Parenting training
- Health and nutrition classes
- Instruction on home management and home safety
- Promotion of personal development
- Linkage to community-based employment opportunities